Setting up and Managing a Small Enterprise
This workbook aims to support the establishment of small enterprises in the Pacific, particularly those that seek to improve community-based sanitation.
By using the workbook, it is envisaged that community members will:
- have raised awareness of business fundamentals, processes and risks.
- be guided on how to conduct a business operation in order to make a profit.
- help to support the understanding of business discipline.
WASH education in Pacific communities
Live & Learn Environmental Education is working with local communities in the Pacific to establish ‘sanitation enterprises’: demand-driven businesses that provide sanitation services (such as toilets) to improve sanitation in the Pacific islands. Based on the notion of ‘sanitation marketing’, the strength and success of these businesses pivots on the value the community places on toilets and improved sanitation.
As part of this process, a suite of educational and community sanitation and hygiene resources have been developed. These include:
- Discovering healthy living: Participatory Hygiene and Sanitation Transformation (PHAST) in Pacific communities
- Putting your waste in the right place: A Community-Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) approach for the Pacific Islands
- Building strong and healthy communities: Setting up a sanitation enterprise in your community
- Setting up and managing a small enterprise: A guide for the Pacific
- Clean communities: A practical guide to building and maintaining toilets in the Pacific islands
- Hands up for hygiene! – teaching hygiene behaviour in Pacific schools: Teacher’s guide
- Germ-buster: Student workbook
- Posters/board game/stickers
These resources can be used by schools,communities, NGOs and governments to improve sanitation and promote hygiene behaviour in the Pacific islands.
Donate and Download
Live & Learn's resources are free to download but we ask you to consider donating to Live & Learn's work. Donations are used to further our work in the field. We can print extra copies of resources and conduct more workshops.
Please click the icon above to go to our donate page.
Thanks for your support.